Makes 4 Servings
- 2 Shell steaks, bone-in, each 1 –inch thick, about 2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, slightly crushed salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped red and yellow cherry peppers
- 1 cup beer
- ½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
With a smooth mallet, pound the steak until very thin (about ¼-inch thick). In a large skillet or sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic cloves and sauté or 1 minute, being careful not to burn them. Season the steaks with salt and pepper, then dredge them in flour, and shake off the excess. Add to the sauté pans. Sauté 4 minutes on each side. Drain off the excess oil.
Add the parsley and peppers and stir with a wooden spoon. Add the beer and stir to deglaze the pan. Add the Gorgonzola and stir into the pan juices, flipping the steaks again. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broth. Simmer for another minute and stir in the cream. Re-season with salt and pepper. Serve with the pan sauce drizzled over the top.