Thanks to all who visited and dined in the neighborhood for Little Italy in the Bronx’s Inaugural Winter Restaurant Week from February 3-13, 2020!
For some of the coverage the event received and special events held, please see below. Full coverage can be found here.
Thank you to the 2020 participants: Ann & Tony’s, Antonio’s Trattoria, Arthur Ave Fiasco, Gerbasi Ristorante, MangiPasta, Mario’s Restaurant, MichaelAngelo’s, and San Gennaro.
Stay tuned for news on a future Little Italy in the Bronx Restaurant Week
Starting off, the neighborhood received terrific TV coverage on major local NYC affiliates, including WNYW-TV FOX 5, WPIX-TV, NY1, and News 12 Bronx.
- NY1 – which has 2 million subscribers – covered the press kick off with various interviews.
- During the coveted five o’clock news hour, FOX 5 and PIX11, with combined local and national viewership of 7,125,636, promoted Little Italy in the Bronx Restaurant Week.
- FOX 5 – one of the highest watched local stations in the greater NYC region – gave another Little Italy in the Bronx Restaurant Week shout out, but aired a video of the neighborhood as part of their “In Search Of” series, highlighting an array of the specialty shops and restaurants within the community.
- Leading up to the start of Restaurant Week, the Belmont BID hosted various press events, including an official Press Kick-Off Event at Mario’s Restaurant, where participating restaurants were invited to represent their businesses, and have an opportunity to speak with the press. This was followed by a group press lunch at Arthur Ave Fiasco.
- Attending publications included Bronx Mama, BronxNet Television, The Bronx Times, La Cucina Italiana US, Matador Network, New York Beacon, News 12 The Bronx, NY1, ORF-Austrian Broadcasting Corporation, Redazione Bargiornale, The Japan Food Journal, and The Social NY. Special guests also included Council Member Ritchie Torres, and The Bronx Tourism Council Executive Director, Olga Tirado.
- The BID also hosted Restaurant Week’s “First Meal” at Antonio’s Trattoria, with press attendees Fox 5, PIX 11, and News 12 Bronx. Special guests at the lunch included Belmont’s own actor, Chazz Palminteri, and Consul General of Italy in New York, Francesco Genuardi. Furthermore, an intimate dinner was hosted at Ann & Tony’s with Tim & Nina Zagat, founders of the legendary Zagat Survey, and Steve Cuozzo, New York Post Restaurant Critic, Commercial Real Estate Columnist & Op-Ed Contributor.